It's all fun and games, til someone puts an eye out......






Friday, October 8, 2010

This One's from the Girls

Girls love jewelry. 

It's true.  From the time we were tiny tots, we have been trained to accessorize.

So, when I got this ETSY order from two cute little girls, I jumped right on it.  They were pretty small, so their Mom actually ordered it, but its the thought that counts, right?


It was a going away present for a dear friend of hers.  Her girls were very close to her and she knew they would miss her alot.


Erin likes to read, and especially loves the Pioneer Woman, so I fashioned this mini cookbook.  You know the one......
One of the girls!  Isn't she the cutest?  
The vintage Grand Canyon postcard commemorated their trip together to Arizona.  She has also been to Paris, and who goes to Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower?



Her day does not begin without her Starbucks Tea.  I must say, this is one of the most requested charms:  The good ole Starbucks cup.
A picture of the two girls is extra special and sits next to her favorite hobby:  knitting.



Ms. Erin is what the girls call her.  I love calling them "the girls".  Probably  because I only have boys in my house.
(My mom used to call us "the girls" when we were growing up.  She also used to say "Girls!!" when we were doing something wrong.  It must have been weird for her when my sister went off to college.  I don't ever remember her calling me "girl" then.  Just a thought.)

The scrabble initial has become my trademark, if you want to call it that.  Or even if you don't want to call it that.
They really wanted her to remember Colorado, so I included a vintage Colorado license plate.  Cute.



Ms. Erin has a little boy named JD.  So, I made sure he was included, right next to a little silver horse, which she loves to ride.  Not the silver horse, but a real live one.  Just felt I had to clarify that.
The next charm is a picture of Ms. Erin holding one of the girls. 
Also, a map of California, where dear ole Erin is moving.  Nice sunny California.



A picture of Erin with the youngest girl is just precious.  And since she loves to bake, I threw in a muffin tin.  Super tiny! 
The cutest Glamour Shot in the world, with the youngest model,  is the final charm on the bracelet.


This bracelet was fun to make because so much thought and care was taken in the preparation. 
Ms. Erin seems like a great gal and the girls will really miss her.
I miss her and I don't even know her.
Hopefully, this bracelet will bring her good memories!