It's all fun and games, til someone puts an eye out......






Monday, March 22, 2010

The Spellathon

The beauty of having children, is having them for spring break! What a week we had! The five of us travelled up to Oklahoma to visit the ole grandparents. What a trip that was!!!!

It started with a midnight drive after working a 6 hour scrapbooking shift. YIKES!!!
But it was well worth it. The boys had fun with their grandparents and also the dogs. But the most fun, as usual, were the comments made by the young ones to a generation not familiar with their wit and wisdom.

For example, the Bull and Tiny T were out in the living room and Gram was throwing out ideas to do for the evening. And knowing she needed to pass the ideas past mom and dad before getting to the children, she starts SPELLING the choices of activities. I let her spell a word once without correcting her, but the Bull was on her like white on rice. He looked quizzically at her and stated, "Gram, you know, we have been spelling for quite some time now and we can understand everything you are saying." Needless to say, this caught my mom totally off guard, but I was in hysterics. I mean, what did my mom think she was getting away with? Seriously! Unless you speak another language, you really can't have a discussion in front of the kids without them hearing! Weird when you think about it. I guess I will have to come up with another language. "Momese" or "crazy person talk". I will keep you posted.....